CA DMV Questions & Answers

Find answers, information and resources to help you with all your California vehicle registration needs.

Question & Answer Forum
Can't find what you need? Ask a DMV Expert

All Topics > Expired Tags > Unable To Pay My Honda Accord Expired Registration Fee

Unable To Pay My Honda Accord Expired Registration Fee

My tags are expired and I already got pulled over and got a ticket. Problem is now I real can't afford to pay the registration renewal fees, plus penalties, plus ticket. Is there any assistance out there to help me? My sticker is expired almost 2 months now. I'm afraid the next time they stop me they will impound my car. Any help?

Unfortunately there is no government assistance in terms of help paying for vehicle registration. You might be able to obtain a Planned Non-Operation certificate but it will require you no longer drive your car, at least not on public roadways. If you're credit is good and you're renewing your registration through our online system you can pay your renewal fees with funding from one of our payment credit partners at checkout, if you qualify.


Checking DMV Records ...

Please wait.

The VIN is a 17 digit identification number assigned to automobiles.

The VIN can also be found on your registration card or renewal notice.
Official Partner of the CA Department of Motor Vehicles
close X
 Online Registration Services
FREE DMV Fee Lookup