Traveling and Need to Renew Registration that Requires Smog Check

Find the answers you need to get your California Vehicle Registration faster.

Traveling and Need to Renew Registration that Requires Smog Check

by NeedTags Support

Yes, we can help! We can clear the current RDF (Report of Deposit of Fees) from the DMV system and issue them renewed registration with an out of state smog check exemption. We'll also be able to mail the new registration card and sticker to any address, the same-day as an emailed copy of the REG 5103 is provided to us.

Smog Check Exemption While on Vacation

The renewal process can be completed online through NeedTags. Simply email us your REG 5103 instead of mailing it to the DMV. Submit your registration renewal through our online portal. Upon receipt of our confirmation email, reply back with your REG 5103 attachment. You may submit your REG 5103 as a scanned PDF document or a photo/image taken with your smartphone. Please ensure your REG 5103 is of high resolution and cropped neatly if submitting a photo/image. If any corrections are needed, we will contact you before the filing. See the quick guide link below to learn of the current filing fee for this service.

Related Material

REG 5103 (Download Form)
REG 5103 (Quick Guide)
Renew Registration Without Smog Check When Out of State

Let's get started...
Officially Entrusted by the Department of Motor Vehicles
Officially Entrusted by the CA Department of Motor Vehicles
close X
 Get Instant DMV Registration

Retrieving DMV Records

Retrieving DMV Records
Please wait...