CACalifornia DMV Vessel Registration Replacement
Fast, Secure, and Easy-To-Use Registration Replacement Service | Licensed by the CA DMV
Get these benefits plus more when you put the experts at NEEDTAGS to work for you.
California DMV Boat Registration Card or Sticker Replacement
- A completed REG 156. This form is required for replacement of vessel stickers and registration cards, including Quagga Mussel stickers. Be prepared to show proof of ownership via a Bill of Sale, Certificate of Number, Certificate of Title, and your identification card or drivers license.
- Payment for a $23 replacement fee. Your replacement will include both a replacement Certificate of Number card and vessel registration expiration year sticker.
NOTE: Once you've requested a replacement vessel registration card or sticker if your original document(s) is found it will no longer be valid and should be destroyed or returned to the DMV.
DMV Vessel Registration Replacement Q & A
- $23.00 - Certificate of Number (registration card)
- Included - Vessel Year Sticker (Set of two)
- $16.00 - Quagga Mussel Sticker
- FREE - e-Copy (requires replacement purchase through NeedTags.com)
To order a replacement Quagga mussel sticker visit the DMV website at Quagga Sticker Request. There is currently no method to expidite the Quagga Mussel sticker replacement process. Please expect 4-6 weeks for delivery.
- California driver license or California identification card
- Social security number
- Last issued vehicle or vessel registration card
- Address in the United States
- A documented boat/vessel is registered with the U.S. Coast Guard and has a marine certificate. These boats/vessels do not have to be registered with the California DMV.
- An undocumented boat/vessel is registered with the California DMV and does not have a marine certificate from the U.S. Coast Guard.