CA DMV Questions & Answers

Find answers, information and resources to help you with all your California vehicle registration needs.

Question & Answer Forum
Can't find what you need? Ask a DMV Expert

All Topics > Registration Renewal > License Plate Month Sticker is Fading Away and I Want to Replace It

License Plate Month Sticker is Fading Away and I Want to Replace It

My vehicle is registered in California and its license plate month sticker is fading away. The month is for March. I need a new one. Can I get a new month sticker online?

Yes, absolutely. We'll be glad to help you get a new CA license plate month sticker. A faded month sticker can definitely ruin your vehicle's appearance. We've got you covered.

When you enter your vehicle's information into our system, we'll look up DMV records and ensure the correct month sticker is issued to you. Please note, your order will include a month sticker, year sticker, and replacement registration card. After you place your registration replacement order please respond to our confirmation email with your request to include a license place month sticker with your replacement order at no charge. Simply follow this link to get a new license plate month sticker.

Note: Current California Department of Motor Vehicles policy will not allow NeedTags to issue a replacement "month" sticker without first submitting a year sticker and registration card replacement order. We will update this page when this policy changes.


Checking DMV Records ...

Please wait.

What DMV Service May We Help With?
The VIN is a 17 digit identification number assigned to automobiles.

The VIN can also be found on your registration card or renewal notice.

Official CA Department of Motor Vehicles Partner
close X
 Need DMV Help?
Renew - Replace - Transfer